Monday 22 December 2014

NIGHTMARE PEDICURE

Travelling is a time of great expectations. We all have our little routines that define if it's a good holiday or not. I always visit a spa or salon in the area I am staying. As a beauty therapist I am interest in New treatments and how old treatments are adapted to suit the client or the therapist requirements. Here I am in Tunisia - good time for a pedicure you would think.
Therapist was pleasant enough. She took the same foot spa with the same water from the previous client to me - I couldn't believe what I saw - the water was hot & looked clean - so maybe I got it wrong -  my feet were in soak look enough for my skin to wrinkle. She then laid me on a massage table with the foot spa at the end, knees bent. Working on one foot only, clipped toe nails, rasp soles of feet, painted nails & applied a thin layer of Vaseline on the out side of the foot. With this foot completed she then did the same on the other foot. Overall look was acceptable. So why am I horrified? She used the same water for her clients, the same tools without cleaning them. No foot massage, no pushing back of cuticles, no base coat, no top coat. This treatment  took less than fifteen minutes and cost Dina 44.25 that's £15! All my training and the training I pass to my learners could never justify this treatment - often I talk about adapting the treatment and adjusting to the needs; this therapist took it to the extreme. Ohh the joy of being English -  I just couldn't, wouldn't make a fuss. Now I have to convince myself not all Tunisian therapist are like this, even if this one is working in a four star hotel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment